Saturday, October 13, 2012

Georgetown Cupcakes and Other Stuff!

Hey y'all,

Another week has come to a close and this one brings me to fall break.  Kind of funny since my "class" only technically began on Tuesday.  Things at school are so crazy and hectic.  As much as I can't wait to be done, I really think I am scared to actually be finished with my Master's.  Hey, who am I kidding?? For my degree I will never really be finished with school.  Ever.  Not that I think there is anything wrong with that.  Things are always growing and changing and I think that learning is a way to ensure that we will always be on top of the latest education knowledge. 

Which brings me to my field trip to Harrisburg on Monday (as long as I am not subbing because I won't turn down work).  I need to get my Child Abuse clearance and isn't it almost sad that in order to get it without waiting 8-12 weeks, I will need to drive the 2.5 hours down there (5 hours round trip) to the office.    I can't start my practicum without it.  Actually, I can't apply to any other districts without it either. 

On a happier note, this past Wednesday the Georgetown Cupcake sisters (Sophie and Katherine) were doing a book signing at Bookends in NJ.  I, of course, just had to be there because I love them and their cupcakes.  For those not familiar they also have a tv show, DC Cupcakes, on TLC.  Anyway their latest recipe book, Sweet Celebrations, was released on Tuesday so they are doing a book signing tour.  It was super fun!  At first they did a small Q&A session for anyone who had questions.  Then they signed the books and took pictures with people.  They also brought about 20 boxes of yummy cupcakes for people to eat. I was so excited that they brought pumpkin spice because I always wanted to try it.  Oh my word!  Delicious doesn't even begin to describe it!  It was a pumpkin spice cupcake with a maple cream cheese frosting.  Sooo good!  I almost can't wait for my birthday in order to stop at Georgetown Cupcake in NYC for another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment