Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

Living in Northeast PA, we were supposed to get part of the brunt of Hurricane Sandy.  It's actually become kind of a joke for my bff and I because it seems every year we get storms on or the day after my birthday.  2008 and 2011 were blizzards and this year Sandy.  Luckily for us the storm turned, but that just made the devastation that much worse everywhere south of us. 

The Jersey Shore is destroyed.  NYC is still without power below 38th street along with the flooding everywhere.  I am continuing to hold all those affected in my thoughts and prayers. 

Here is a good read about NYC, albeit a bit disappointing that it seems the leaders (Governor Cuomo and Mayor Bloomberg) think that Sandy is "behind" them.  What about all those who are still impacted by the storm?  Outrage in a Powerless Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment